CPR PROJECT PROGRESS
(As on 29 April 2016)
‘Transcription’ is the process of converting written source
records into some digital form. In the CPR Project, the digital form
is ANSI (American National Standards Institute) ASCII (ANSI Standard
Code for Information Interchange) text.
Transcription progress is reported in the table below intermittently
(usually during University vacations).
When parish transcription has begun its name is entered in the
alphabetically ordered table below.
The process continues one event at a time and moves from being
‘in hand’, to
‘in progress, all events’, to
Other stages that intervene, but are usually not reported in
the table, are
the latter usually associated with tricky BTs, and the older PRs.
When DONE, the various load processes begin when a processing
is ascribed to the parish.
- Alderley - DONE
- Ashton on Mersey - DONE
- Audlem - DONE
- Backford - DONE
- Bebington - DONE
- Bidston - DONE
- Bromborough - DONE
- Bunbury - DONE
- Burleydam - complete, all events
- Burton - DONE
- Cheadle - DONE
- Chester, St John - DONE
- Chester, St Mary - DONE
- Davenham - DONE
- Dodleston - in progress, all events
- Great Budworth - DONE
- Heswall - DONE
- Knutsford - DONE
- Lymm - DONE
- Macclesfield, Christ Church - DONE
- Macclesfield, St Michael - DONE
- Mottram - in hand
- Nantwich - DONE
- Neston - DONE
- Northwich Castle - DONE
- Poynton - DONE
- Prestbury - in hand
- Rostherne - DONE
- Tilston - DONE
- Weaverham - DONE
- West Kirby - DONE
- Whitegate - DONE
- Willaston - DONE
- Wilmslow - DONE
- Woodchurch - DONE
- Wybunbury - DONE
With the load of Wilmslow (32) on 29 April 2016 we have now processed 32 parishes.
Great Budworth - ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS, 1588-1871 (31) was loaded on 10 March 2015.
Full notes are available for 31 parishes.
(There were few transcriber notes for Nantwich and so for
this parish only, the Notes are currently in sketch form).
Transcription is proceeding apace as reported above.
However, no other parishes are sufficiently near completion
that they may be given a processing priority number
(in blue and in brackets below)
at this stage.
When they have passed the final data processing hurdles,
they are scheduled for load on a specific date.
When Parish notes are begun, a red dot appears, this turns
green when the notes are complete and are available.
(NB: the Notes in draft may become available before the records
themselves are loaded)
To read the Parish Notes (which may be in draft/test form
if the data are reported as not loaded) please click on the
green dot in the list below:
- Burton (1) - (parish_code BURT) - LOADED 2001 -
- Bromborough (2) - (parish_codes BROB, BROA) - LOADED 2001 -
- Whitegate (3) - (parish_code WHTG) - LOADED 2001 -
- West Kirby (4) - (parish_codes WKIR, WKIA) - LOADED 2002 -
- Bidston (5) - (parish_codes BIDS, BIDA) - LOADED 2003 -
- Bebington (6) - (parish_code BEBI) - LOADED 2003 -
- Heswall (7) - (parish_code HESW, HESA) - LOADED 2003 -
- Neston (8) - (parish_codes NEST, NESA) - LOADED 2003 -
- Lymm (9) - (parish_code LYMM) - LOADED 2004 -
- Backford (10) - (parish_codes BACK, BACA) - LOADED 2004 -
- Woodchurch (11) - (parish_codes WODC, WODA) - LOADED 2004 -
- Nantwich (12) - (parish_code NANT) - LOADED 2004 - Notes in Progress -
- Chester, St John (13) - (parish_code CEJB) - LOADED 9 July 2007 -
- Chester, St Mary (14) - (parish_codes CEMY, CEMA) - Loaded 9 July 2007 -
- Davenham (15) - (parish_codes DAVN, DAVA) - Loaded 10 July 2007 -
- Wybunbury (16) - (parish_code WYBU) - LOADED 10 July 2007 -
- Audlem (17) - (parish_code AUDL) - LOADED 14 August 2008 -
- Alderley (18) - (parish_code ALDL, ALDA) - LOADED 14 August 2008 -
- Tilston (19) - (parish_code TILS) - LOADED 14 August 2008 -
- Poynton (20) - (parish_code POYN) - LOADED 14 September 2009 -
- Bunbury (21) - (parish_code BUNB) - LOADED 14 September 2009 -
- Rostherne (22) - (parish_code ROST) - LOADED 3 June 2011 -
- Wilaston (23) - (parish_code WLAS) - LOADED 3 June 2011 -
- Ashton on Mersey (24) - (parish_codes ASHM, ASHA) - LOADED 3 June 2011 -
- Macclesfield, St Michael (25) - (parish_code MAML) - LOADED 3 June 2011 -
- Weaverham (26) - (parish_codes WEVR, WEVA) - LOADED 3 June 2011 -
- Macclesfield, Christ Church (27) - (parish_code MACH) - LOADED 7 March 2012 -
- Cheadle (28) - (parish_codes CHDL, CHDX) - LOADED 17 January 2014 -
- Knutsford (29) - (parish_code KNUT) - LOADED 11 March 2014 -
- Northwich Castle (30) - (parish_code NORC) - LOADED 5 April 2014 -
- Great Budworth (31) - (parish_code BUDG) - LOADED 10 March 2015 -
- Wilmslow (32) - (parish_code WILM) - LOADED 29 April 2016 -
- Version 1 - archived
- Version 2 - went live on 12 April 2001; now archived
- Data: within days of data being cleared for loading, they appear in CPRdb.
- System: CGI/Perl to OpenIngres Version 2.0; QFF only; CPRdb V2.1 has QBT and QCE; Essentially V2 is bug correction and minor changes only.
- Text: Note, Glossary and Help text is being constantly updated.
- Version 3 - first live 25 February 2003; relaunched 16 December 2003. Various minor changes are reflected in the full version number which on 3 July 2010 was v3.5. On 20 June 2011 v3.6 became the live version with one substantive change to the FF query system. A surname search for MELNER now automatically includes all *MELNER records (the * signalling that BT variants exist). This avoids the need to issue a second *surname search.
- Data: bulk data loading only envisaged
- System: CGI/Perl and Java servlets/JDBC to Oracle Version 10i; All query methods available (QBT and QCE restricted); Linkage tools present and available over the web (restricted).
- Text: Note, Glossary and Help text as for v2.1 but more stable; Hooks for user notes available.
- Version 4 - work in progress
- Data: web based loading, update, and edit to be possible.
- System: All query methods to be made web available, using new web paradigms where appropriate. Statistical, Linkage, Mapping, and System Administration tools also available over the Internet (restricted).
- Text: Note, Glossary and Help text should become more stable. User notes system (record tagging by users) to be made possible.
- Linkage - in progress
- Mapping - in progress
- QBT - in progress
- QCE - in progress
- Statistics - in progress
- Tagging - in progress
DJN - 9 May 2016
BMD - 11 March 2015
BMD - 5 April 2014
BMD - 4 April 2014
BMD - 22 March 2014
BMD - 11 March 2014
BMD - 30 January 2014
BMD - 17 January 2014
BMD - 15 January 2014
BMD - 13 January 2014
BMD - 8 January 2014
BMD - 27 November 2013
BMD - 7 March 2012
BMD - 29 February 2012
BMD - 10 January 2012
BMD - 19 June 2011
BMD - 3 June 2011
BMD - 3 July 2010
BMD - 15 September 2009
BMD - 24 August 2009
BMD - 16 August 2008
BMD - 13 July 2007
BMD - 27 June 2007
BMD - 22 June 2007
BMD - 28 March 2004
BMD - 24 March 2004
BMD - 3 July 2002
BMD - 16 December 2003